1. Another word for "subculture" that doesn't sound quite so scientific, allowing it to be used in daily conversation. Used this way it usually has an adjective modifying it: the "indy scene" or the "hardcore scene" or the "emo scene." When someone refers to a particular "scene," they're talking about everything - the people, the places, the fashion, the music, and the trends.
2. A tongue-in-cheek reference to the trends and fashions of the various scenes. Many of these subcultures were built around countercultural ideals and nonconformist attitudes; the fact that trends even exist is humorous irony, and using "scene" as an adjective originally intended to lampoon that.
3. A trend of sorts that evolved from the indy, emo, and hardcore scenes (see the first definition); basically, anything that can be sold at Hot Topic. As events like Warped Tour - and artists like Avril Lavigne - became popular, the trends and fashions of these three scenes (and a few others) were gradually amalgamized and commericalized to create the generic "scene" monkier. Someone who is "scene" generally borrows from the various subcultures and combines them together - you can tell they're part of *a* scene, but no one is quite sure *what* scene. It is important to note that this use of "scene" refers to a fashion trend - it isn't a subculture in its own right, because it has no music, venues, or attitudes of its own to live on after it loses popularity.
4. An ironic insult toward followers of the "scene" trend outlined in 3. Calling someone "scene" brings up images of Avril Lavigne, Hot Topic, Good Charlotte, and, more recently, Myspace; it implies that he or she is a fair-weather fan, conforming to be popular or to fit in. In that sense, it is related to the term poseur. It also implies being more worried about the more visible icons of a particular scene (the fashion and language, for example) than the music that the scene is founded on. Calling someone a scenester basically means the same thing.
2. Wow... a Thundercats shirt, crotch-hugging faded jeans, and a devilock... how very scene of you. Not to mention your ratty Converse shoes or your Know Your Mushrooms armband.
3. Be more scene. Shop at Hot Topic.
4. Enjoy being scene while it lasts, because Myspace isn't enough to keep it going once the next fad hits.
Scenster: Yo my homie, I am not emo, I'm a scene scenster.
-choppy layered hair with side bangs
-normally random patches of light brown or light blonde to make it look like someone shit in your hair
-septum rings and lip rings of any kind
-bright colors with flats and tight jeans
-little kid themed clothes
-headbands sunglasses colored pearls or hair bows
-likes hardXcore stuff cuz they are so SCENE
-with the million and ten "pics" they take the tag for them is--OH SO SCENE--tough girlXcore--or SCENE bitches
-normally adds Xcore to anything they say
-thinks they are better than anyone unscene
-has a livejournal to be cool not to write in
-crams words together
-scene girls normally wear tons of eyeliner
-oh BTW they like guns--bang--cunt--stab
They think they are original but are just clones of each other.
Myspace is an essential.
Scene kids think typing in CAPS is oh so 'sceneXcore.
They use words like innit, buff and will without a doubt love From first to last. NO not because of they're music. Because of Sonny moore.
They add Xcore to all their words.
And often use the terms,
OH AND! you can't forget the crazy assed angeled pictures, plastered all over myspace.
Scenesters like things ranging from polka dots, to robots and dinosaurs, to beads and hair bows.
Most of them are pretentious little cunts.
I'm gonna take some new pics of myself now and post a_bulletin asking people to comment them__x&x_
-LyKe OmFgZ!!!!111one!- says;
Oh GO YOU!!12311!
AND I'M GONNA CUT MY HAIR TOMMOROW ALL CHOPPY AND THEN DYE IT BLACK AGAIN. WITH A PINK BIT IN ME FRINGE.
-LyKe OmFgZ!!!!111one!- says;
I'm going down town tomo to get some new converse..
And so on && so forth.
Ridiculous if you ask me.
2. (adj.) Drama whores, attention whores, whiners, losers, and posers that like to pretend they're cool and/ or nonchalant. Fashion victims that like to pretend they're unique. Wimps who like to pretend that they're badass. (See also; hypocrite.)
3. (adj.) Used as an adjective by scene kids to describe anything they think is cool, AKA, anything that the rest of the world thinks is utterly moronic, pointless, and tiresome.
2. Scene kid: "I wish I were scene enough to pretend I wasn't scene! T_T"
3. Scene Kid Tippy: Oh em GEE! I lurve your new HAIR and it's black chaos!
Scene Kid Sarah: I no! It is totally teh scene.
Sarah's Older Sister: Christ, Sarah, did you get your head caught in the fuckin' weed eater?